War is ruling in domestic as well as a global arena. The action-entertainer featuring Hrithik Roshan and Tiger Shroff continues to have a stronghold at the box office despite The Sky Is Pink's release. War completely dominated over Priyanka Chopra Jonas and Farhan Akhtar's film over the weekend. In fact, Siddharth Anand's directorial crushed the lifetime collection of Aditya Dhar's Uri: The Surgical Strike (Rs 245.36 crore) to emerge as the second highest-grossing film of the year. On it's second Saturday, Hrithik- Tiger starrer minted Rs 11.20 crore.
Now, if early estimates are to be believed, War raked in approximately Rs 13 crore on Sunday. The total box office collection now stands at Rs 270.75 crore. In a short span of time, the film will shatter the BO record of Shahid Kapoor's Kabir Singh and become the highest-grossing film of the year. Meanwhile, Hrithik Roshan got his biggest hit in North America with War.
HR shared screen space with Tiger Shroff for the first time. When asked about his collaboration with Baaghi 2 star, Hrithik Roshan said, "I was learning. I was constantly watching his honesty, integrity, the process that he applies. To pull off a two-hero film, you need two people, who are honest and have love and admiration for each other. With Tiger, I feel so much love and admiration for the person he is and the actor that he is."
Opening up about the success of their action flick, he added, "My instincts were very strong and if it would have failed, then I would have been affected. The most important thing for us in creative life is to be able to trust our instincts and if your instincts get reaffirmed and get strengthened, it empowers you a lot. I was fortunate that I had films I was empowered by. I felt so much love and passion for these two films. From now on, I am going to set my benchmark higher. I felt more encouraged after success. It is an important success for me."
Stay tuned for more scoops and updates!
from Bollywood News and Gossip | Bollywood Movie Reviews, Songs and Videos | Bollywood Actress and Actors Updates | Bollywoodlife.com https://ift.tt/2VOuYhj
No comments:
Post a Comment