The Malayalam version of Queen remake will have Manjima Mohan playing the lead role and the actress seems to be quite kicked about this project. Directed by Neelakanta, the film has been titled Zam Zam. The film is gearing up for release in summer this year and will be one of the most watched out for in Malayalam cinema. BollywoodLife caught up with Manjima Mohan during the shooting of the film in France and we asked her few questions which she answered abashedly. From talking about pressure that comes with remakes to how she dealt with criticism, Manjima opens up in this chat.
Speaking about the Queen remake, Manjima says there is obvious pressure that comes along with films like these. "It's a lot of pressure because of the comparisons that are going to come out. People will be curious to know what we have done. And this being my second project in Malayalam, this is a big responsibility for me," says the pretty actress.
Watch the video here:
Speaking about the original, Manjima says that she ensured she didn't watch the full movie. "I made it a point not to watch it completely. It was a conscious decision, then I know I will try to do what she did. At times, when Neelakanta sir came and told me "You remember that scene?", I used to tell him "No, I don't remember it. Explain it to me". It works for me that way," adds the Oru Vadakkan Selfie actress.
Zam Zam is her second film in Malayalam but she received a lot of criticism for her first project. Manjima speaks about how she dealt with that and explains what one needs to do. "I wouldn't blame them for that. My character in my first movie was very difficult. I knew I gave my 100% but I knew there would be criticism. But somewhere, I felt, they crossed the limits in criticising me about it. I took it up as a challenge with AYM and proved myself. Winning an award Best Debut in Filmfare was a big deal for me. Then people started talking differently about me. Now, I just do what I want to do and I feel criticism will be there in one way or the other. It all depends on how to deal with it and now I have learnt how to do that," says Manjima Mohan.
Follow us for more such exclusive interviews and videos!
from Bollywood News and Gossip | Bollywood Movie Reviews, Songs and Videos | Bollywood Actress and Actors Updates | Bollywoodlife.com https://ift.tt/2HAbvvC
No comments:
Post a Comment