Thursday, February 28, 2019

RHONJ's Teresa Giudice Laughs Off Questions About Not Wearing a Wedding Ring: 'Who Cares?'

The ring doesn’t mean a thing for Teresa Giudice!

On Wednesday’s Real Housewives of New Jersey reunion part 2, the reality star told host Andy Cohen not to read into photographs that were snapped of her while she wasn’t wearing her wedding ring — making it clear that the rock had no bearing on the state of her marriage to husband Joe Giudice.

“Who cares? Who cares if I wear my rings or I don’t?” Teresa, 46, said, adding that Joe isn’t concerned with the item either. “Joe never wore rings!”

The topic came up as Cohen, 50, asked Teresa about rumors that surfaced at the top of the year, saying she was being romanced by a younger man in Miami. Similar rumors popped up earlier this month, when Teresa was photographed holding hands in the Florida city with Blake Schreck, a realtor who is 20 years her junior.

Teresa’s attorney James Leonard Jr. has denied the affair to PEOPLE, saying the two were just friends and that their interactions were brief and completely amicable. (“There is no cheating, no divorce,” he said. “End of story.”) And on the reunion, Teresa denied that she was cheating on Joe, too.

“What else is new?” she said of the reports, which had said a mystery man was touching her leg. “A lot of people were touching me. It was New Year’s Eve! Some girl wanted to make out with me.”

RELATED: Teresa Giudice Says Husband Joe Feels ‘Tremendous Guilt’ as He Faces Deportation

Teresa’s marriage to Joe, 46, was a big topic at the reunion, especially in the wake of the news that Joe will be deported back to his native Italy after his 41-month prison sentence for mail, wire and bankruptcy fraud ends next month.

Even though Joe has lived in the United States since he was a child, he never obtained American citizenship, and immigrants can be deported if they are convicted of “a crime of moral turpitude” or an “aggravated felony,” according to U.S. law. In Joe’s case, a judge ruled just that in October. And while Joe’s attorneys appealed his deportation ruling in November, they are still awaiting a decision.

“I hope I don’t have to cross that bridge,” Teresa told Cohen of Joe’s future. “ are trying their best.”

Asked if Joe will have to go directly from the facility he’s in right now to an airplane, Teresa — who said she sees Joe about “once a month” — admitted she “ know exactly the technicalities of it.”

She then gave some insight into Joe’s mental state, revealing to the host that her husband feels guilt over the possibly of leaving his family behind. “He has tremendous guilt, but he’s very positive, very strong,” she said.

RELATED: Victoria Gotti on How Pal Teresa Giudice’s Family Handles Joe’s Prison Time: ‘It Affects Them’

Joe and Teresa have been married since 1999 and share daughters Gia, 18, Gabriella, 15, Milania, 13, and Audriana, 10.

The couple has remained by one another’s side through their legal problems, which first sent Teresa to prison for 11 months on the same crimes as her husband’s (she was released on Dec. 23, 2015; Joe began his sentence in March 2016).

“You have been so ride or die and so devoted to him,” Cohen reminded Teresa at the reunion — before she clarified, “And I still am!”

That doesn’t mean Teresa hasn’t been frustrated with Joe. “It sucks. I can’t even believe it’s my life,” Teresa said. “Of course I’m angry with him. I went to jail. I went to jail. Of course I’m angry!”

She was specifically mad after the loss of her mother Antonia, who died at age 66 in March 2017 after a battle with pneumonia.

“I have a small family, I only have my brother, my mother, my father, and my four daughters. That’s it. That’s my family. So I’m angry that I came home, eight months later, I lost my mom,” Teresa said, confessing that she feels Joe took the time away from her. “I do throw it in his face when I get mad. I’m like, ‘You shouldn’t have screwed up.’ ”

All of this led Cohen to ask Teresa the big question: would she move to Italy with her children should Joe be deported?

“I hope that’s not a decision I have to make,” Teresa said. “To pick up my children and just move to another country. I don’t think that would be good for my children. So no, I probably wouldn’t.”

Cohen then asked Teresa if she and Joe would go their separate ways, a question multiple sources previously told PEOPLE Teresa answered with a yes at the reunion. But fans will have to wait until next week to see exactly what she said, as the episode ended before Teresa gave her answer.

Still, in the full reunion trailer released earlier this month, Teresa was shown breaking down in tears after Cohen asked that question. And a preview for next week’s reunion closer, which aired Wednesday, showed Teresa saying, “I’m not doing a long distance relationship.”

The Real Housewives of New Jersey reunion concludes next Wednesday at 9 p.m. ET on Bravo.



from PEOPLE.com https://ift.tt/2ICNhCP

No comments:

Post a Comment